Elizabeth's Reviews > Weekend Warriors

Weekend Warriors by Fern Michaels

May 18, 11

Read from May 16 to 17, 2011

A couple weeks ago I was browsing in the public library and struck up a conversation with this sweet older lady. She's probably in her late 60s. And seemed like the nice grandmotherly type. In the course of the conversation she recommend Fern Michaels Sisterhood series. So I picked it up. Little old ladies are rarely wrong, right? Wrong.

Revenge makes for great stories in all media. I mean, who doesn't like Chuck Bronson in Death Wish?

While I liked the plot idea, a group of wronged women joining up to help each other exact revenge on the people who wronged them and escaped justice for one reason or another.

In reality, I felt the vitriol seemed harsh--I know all vitriol is harsh, but this seemed harsh and disingenuous. And I just couldn't suspend belief long enough to get on board with the plotline. This revenge is too much. Just too much.

And it also seemed that Ms Michaels may have had a word limit to this book.

Decisions were made by characters and suddenly everything was finished. No details. Just like SNAP and it happens. And that felt disingenuous. And rushed. And hurried. Like she wasn't allowed to flesh out the storyline more fully.

I don't know. Many people liked this. Little old ladies love this series. But this one left me cold.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Weekend Warriors.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Georgia (new)

Georgia Cathey Do you th