Brook Baker's Reviews > The Hourglass Door

F_50x66
May 16, 11

Read in May, 2011

Lisa Mangum

If you pick up this book, prepare to have your mind blown away. The aspect of time-travel (given the name of the book) is very important. Abby and Dante share something special, but Dante has a secret. One that will inevitably get Abby into quite a predicament.

While I did REALLY enjoy this book, the one thing that really bothered me was the descriptions. Of course, you know what Dante looks like - he's the love interest, of course she's going to go on and on and on about his good looks, and his very sexy Italian accent... - but what about the main character? All I know for sure, is that she is of about average height (I think... it never said she was short or tall) has brown curly hair (really, everyone has curly hair in this book!), and brown eyes. While I did get emotionally attached to the character, I just found it hard to picture what was going on with just "Jane Doe" to use as my girl. Besides the main character, the descriptions of the other characters and objects are pretty good.

Other than that, this book is wonderful, and I am *dying* to read the second!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hourglass Door.