Stuart's Reviews > 2:46: Aftershocks: Stories from the Japan Earthquake

2 by Jake Adelstein

May 16, 11

bookshelves: to-read
Read in January, 2011

I bought the book to support the project as soon as it was released and skimmed through the stories to confirm what a great job has been done on this crowd-sourced book. The quake is too fresh in my mind to read it fully now, I don't want to reawaken some of those memories yet. The book is an important eye witness account and a painful reminder of the day written by people who experienced the strongest quake felt in Tokyo in a lifetime. Those who were in the disaster area's stories have yet to be fully heard, so the stories contained here are from my friends and digital neighbors and from those, around the world, like William Gibson, who have a strong affinity with Japan, who watched the scenes unfold on live TV along with us in Tokyo without the constant reminder of the aftershocks that were so common in the days and weeks after the quake. Those whose stories are published here are the ones who answered the call to write now and send the results by tomorrow. The stories were written in hours and the book collated and published a few days later. All of the proceeds are going to the Red Cross to aid the survivors with publishing and distribution fees waived. An amazing effort was made to put this so buy it now, please.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 2.