Ami's Reviews > Magic on the Storm

Magic on the Storm by Devon Monk

May 21, 11

bookshelves: urban-fantasy-paranormal-futuristic
Read from May 19 to 22, 2011

** spoiler alert ** This story took two months after the event of book #3 (Magic in the Shadows). Allie has been training and learning with teachers from the Authority. Her relationship with Zayvion is going well. It is a nice change ... until the promise of wild storm coming to hit Portland. Then, all hell's break loose, when Greyson (the Necromorph who killed Allie's father) is out from his cage, hundred of disks are robbed, and war between magic users is officially started. On top of that, Zayvion's soul is being sucked into the gate of Death, living him in a coma.

I'm so in love with this series. I was just happy that I had the rest of the books with me when I finished this one. Why? Because A CLIFFHANGER IS EVIL!! The events that happen are, in one hand, predictable. I mean, I can't trust the members of Authority if my life depend on it. So it's so obvious that some of them will betray the other and start the war. However, I don't see that one with Zayvion's fate. With him being in a coma almost 1/3 of the book, something feel missing. Which, of course, just brings back to that cliffhanger. Hot DAMN, Allie!

One other thing that I love from this book, is the additional character of Terric, one that is "supposed" to be Shame's Soul Complement. What can I say, I have a soft heart for m/m romance, so I kind of want Shame to accept the fact and get it on with Terric *lol*.

Now, I just want to quickly jump into book #5. Wait, in fact, that is exactly what I'm doing now

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Magic on the Storm.

05/19/2011
05/21/2011
60.0% "my m/m romantic heart just wants shame and terric to get it on (is it wrong? ;p)"
show 1 hidden update…