♥ Sam ♥ ~S2~Im made of awesomness's Reviews > Defiant

3209146
May 01, 12

bookshelves: 2012-releases, arc, favorites
Read from April 20 to 29, 2012

First I have to say, when I saw the email come through for Defiant from my old pal, Pamela asking if we wanted to read an early copy of Defiant, I got a little jumpy. But when I got the actual book, well I was like a teenage fan girl who had just scored front row tickets to see One Direction in concert! I was ecstatic, and after reading the book my eagerness was not wasted at all.

Defiant is the lucky third book in the sexy MacKinnon’s Rangers series. This is the story of the youngest MacKinnon, Connor and beautiful Sarah’s journey to find love through all the trials and tribulations that one would ever have to face in a life time. Together the pair overcome (takes deep breath) Indians, kidnappings, murder, nasty rumours, dipshit family members, fear, anger, betrayal and personal issues. This is just such a powerful and emotional story that touched your heart. Hands down, the best story in the series.

Now watch out people because I'm about to go all goo goo eyes on this book and praise it to high heavens!

First lets start with the sexy Scot on the cover. If this is Connor, then let me jump on board – be the damsel in distress because this man is built! In fact the cover just skim the surface of this book and its all out perfectness. Pamela’s writing was funny, irresistible, smooth, pulled at your heart strings, romantic and just me writing all these adjectives makes me think I'm depriving you from starting to read this book and seeing for yourself the awesomeness’ that is Pamela Clare! I haven’t read a book as fast as I read Defiant in a good 6 months. This was the first book I haven’t been able to put down and it was so hard to stop turning page after page after....

The interaction with the Connor and Sarah was perfectly fit for the genre and heart fluttery romantic at times but underneath all that was the constant seriousness of what was going on around them. Pamela Clare was able to maintain the perfect amount of distress, anger and romance throughout the whole story tying in perfectly with Sarah and Connors personal demons that both had to face. I would have given anything at numerous times throughout the book to jump right in and be the one to save Connor from another whipping or save Sarah from being locked in her uncle’s room for one more day. But no matter what, both characters were perfect and I would not change anything about them in any way.

These three MacKinnon brother are hard not to love. They are loyal to boot. Their passion and family roots run deep in their blood and have an honor that always seeing them do the right thing – even if I feel like telling them to stick their obligations. They love their women with a fierceness that isn’t seen in this day and age and if I could imagine up just a smidgen of these men in to reality then Zac Efron would be out on his arse in no time.

I love alot of the quotes from the book:

“Dinnae be laughin’ at me. They went for my cods, so they did! I had to thrust them away, else they’d have plucked me bare there, too. I willna submit my bollocks to such abuse.”

Joseph bit his lip, clearly trying to rein in his mirth. “So you prefer to make women search the bush to find the snake?”

“My snake is no’ so small that the lasses must search for it.”

Finally in summary, in my opinion Pamela Clare is an author to envy. She seems to have stayed true to roots and not fallen trap to the recent blood bath the authors are getting involved in. This in itself makes Pamela one of the only authors I respect enough to continue reading her books. She takes pride in her work and her home life and family. A truly wonderful woman, mother and author.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Defiant.

04/23/2012
46.0% "Oh Pammy, you never fail me."

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* Beautiful, wonderful review, Sam! I'm sure Pamela will be pleased. I know that she pours out so much in her books and her readers really appreciate that. Lucky you for getting to read this early! I have yet to read the first two books in the series but I will very soon, and look forward to this one.

♥  Sam ♥ ~S2~Im made of awesomness Make sure you do read them, this series is wonderful! I cant praise Pamela's work enough. She is brilliant.

KatLynne Fantastic review Sam! I love everything PC writes and can hardly wait:)!