Kelli's Reviews > The Know-It-All: One Man's Humble Quest to Become the Smartest Person in the World

The Know-It-All by A.J. Jacobs

Mar 15, 09

This book taught me A LOT! The author is reading the entire Britannica encyclopedia and picks out interesting topics from each letter. He told a little bit more, O.K. a lot more, about his personal life than I wanted to know, but he had to make it interesting somehow.
Being a typical guy, he has to tell about the most perverted things he reads about. However, he also writes a lot about good lessons he learns from his reading. I felt like the author changed his perspective on life for the better during his reading.
I loved the ending where he says that he's excited to bring a child into the world because the world is a lot better now than it used to be. He's excited for his child to grow up; his optimism was a nice change from the usual fears of raising children now that I hear.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Know-It-All.

Comments (showing 1-1)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Tyler Hmmm, oddly enough I found the perverted entries the most interesting... Maybe you're right. Maybe it is a guy thing. :)