Judi's Reviews > Begging For It

Begging For It by Delilah Devlin

May 17, 2011

bookshelves: 2011, bdsm, may, short-story, erotica, e-book, gym-read
Read from May 15 to 16, 2011

I’d be Begging for it too!

First of all any book that can keep me exercising longer than I intended to gets a nod from me. And I finished Begging For It in one trip to the gym. So yay me!

Tansy Jo “TJ” is a tough cookie...or to clarify she likes her sex rough, tough and up against the wall in slimy back alleys. She needs to feel the pain to achieve release. Too bad her latest f*&k buddy can’t give her what she needs.

TJ is a very interesting character. Nightmares, falling asleep at work and dirty sex. I was extremely pleased that in an unusual twist, it was TJ who was in the service and who was the one suffering from PTSD and survivor’s guilt. Most books it’s the hero who has these symptoms so I found it refreshing that this time it was the heroine.

Cross McNally’s a cop, but he’s also a Dom and when he secretly observes TJ and her dude getting it on...or not in the back alley he knows what TJ’s going through and knows he’s the one who can give her the helping “hand’ she needs.

Cross…what kind of name is that? What mother names their kid Cross...oh right this is fiction...or a Soap Opera.

There is somewhat of a 3-three in Begging For It but not in the traditional sense...I’d like to call it more like a friend lending a helping hand. Said friend is also a Cop and we get a little bad girl, “good” cop action. Unfortunately it was during this scene that certain cop paraphernalia was used in a manner I would rather not think about.

I loved the little twist that the author included about TJ and Cross’s relationship. Maybe they weren’t the total strangers TJ thought they were.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Begging For It.