Nellee's Reviews > Shadowland

Shadowland by Alyson Noel

May 15, 2011

bookshelves: favorites

Review from my blog: http://nelleehorne.blogspot.com/

This was a little slow compared to the others but, like always, the Immortals series always surprises me and is still one of my favorites. I can see in this third installment that things are definitely going to take a turn and I can't wait to see what plays out.

Cons: It was slow getting to the climax, which was practically the last chapter. The resolution was about two pages long, out of a 330 page book. I know there have been bad reviews for this, but sometimes, in a series, there is going to be one that's slow and its main reason is to lead into the next one and to answer questions that were left unanswered without having to wait till the last installment to finally know what happened in the first. If that makes sense :)

Sorry, but anyone who thinks that there needs to be a lot of suspense in every book or every installment in a series, obviously gets bored way too easily and is impatient. Sometimes, as in this case, the suspense wasn't until the last chapter, but that doesn't make the book a bad read. A lot of classics are written that way. I'm just glad I didn't stop in the middle and decide to take it back to the library. I would've missed out on a great read.

4 stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadowland.

Quotes Nellee Liked

Alyson Noel
“Sometimes destiny lies just outside of our reach. ”
Alyson Noel, Shadowland

Alyson Noel
“...in the end, all I want is to be with him. It's the only way my life feels complete.”
Alyson Noel, Shadowland