Natalie's Reviews > The Iron Daughter

The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa

May 15, 2011

bookshelves: paranormal, ya
Read from May 15 to 20, 2011

In The Iron Daughter, Julie Kagawa returns readers to magical world of the fey, where the appearence of a new Iron King threatens to detroy both the Seelie and Unseelie courts. One of my favourite things about this sequel to The Iron King was the comeback of some of its lovable characters like Grimalkin, Puck, and of course Prince Ash. Not only does The Iron Daughter bring back characters from the first novel, but also introduces some new ones which will quickly steal any readers heart, such as poor Charles the musician.

In a lot of the other reviews for this book that I have read online, readers have stated that they found the second book in the Iron Fey series to be even better than the first. Unlike these reviewers, I am somewhat hesitant to immediatly agree to this statement. Although I did enjoy The Iron Daughter very much, I didn't find it quite as gripping as The Iron King. The ending definatly threw me in a huge loop, however, and I will be absolutely reading the third book to find out what happens next!

In general, I would most definatly recommend this book, especially to those who have read and enjoyed The Iron King! You will without question relish this return to the faerie world, although I wouldn't put your hopes up that it is absolutley better than the first novel.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Iron Daughter.