Jenny's Reviews > Wildefire

Wildefire by Karsten Knight

Oct 30, 11

bookshelves: 2011-read, young-adult, fantasy, paranormal
Read from June 26 to July 01, 2011

I had really high hopes for Wildefire. I’m a fan of Karsten Knight’s blog, he’s hilarious and I absolutely love his vlogs so I’m thinking that anything he writes I will love. Well it turns out not so much. I’m going to do this review a little differently and list what I liked and didn’t like.

What I liked:

-- Eve: She’s evil but whenever she was in the picture she created lots of drama and crazyness. Ash always seems to be holding back but whenever Eve was around Ash’s character came to life.

-- Colt: He seemed very sweet and genuine. Some of the things he did were a little too lovey-dovey which led to me never once suspecting that he might be hiding something himself.

-- The ending: It was one of those WTH moments for me that came out of nowhere and sets things up for book 2.

What I didn’t like:

-- Ashline: I never fully connected with her. To me she comes off to me as someone who doesn’t really care. She gets agitated and angry easily. With the way she is I was surprised that she even made friends at her new school.

-- Mythology: With the different gods and goddesses from different cultures there just wasn’t enough mythology and things weren’t fully explained.

-- Yes these teens are gods and goddesses with superpowers but the way they used their powers caused a lot of violence. They are still teenagers and some of them were killing for the first time with seemingly no emotion or regret afterwards.

-- Usually I don’t have a problem with the point of view but the third person point of view didn’t work for me. The descriptions were long winded and there was always a disconnect with the characters.

Its one of those books with a great premise but unfortunately the execution fell short. If given the chance I will probably read the sequel. Wildefire is the first book that sets everything up and hopefully in the sequel we will get to the meat of the story *fingers crossed*.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wildefire.