Haleema 's Reviews > Perfect Chemistry

Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles

May 15, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: brilliant-story-telling, fast-paced, heart-wrenching, love, predictable
Read in August, 2011

This was good. Yes, it was insanely cliche, unrealistic, and would never happen to two teenagers in real life. We all know that. Some high school kids are too immature to fall in love. But I can't say for all teenagers. However, Elkeles made it so believable.

At first, I hated Brittany. The I'm-so-perfect facade she pulls off really angered me. I was Alex, hating her for being fake and perfect and untouchable. Then I slowly began to feel her pain. I began to know her and understand what she does and why she does it. However, sometimes she annoys me. She's so...angsty and tireless.

Anyway, obviously, this story is ridiculously cliched. But I didn't mind so much. I loved how the romance slowly developed throughout the book. It seemed so natural. Nothing made me go, "Come on! You guys just had to bump into each other everywhere." It didn't annoy me for some odd reason.

Overall, I loved this book because of how it made me feel about so many things. Alex, Shelley, the pressure from parents, etc. It was so truly understandable.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Perfect Chemistry.

Quotes Haleema Liked

Simone Elkeles
“I'm losing control."-Brittany
Mamacita, I've already lost it."-Alex”
Simone Elkeles, Perfect Chemistry

08/26/2011 page 154
43.0% "I want Alex Fuentes. So badly."
08/26/2011 page 279
78.0% "I'm devouring this book like chocolate. I don't want it to stop."
08/26/2011 page 279
78.0% "I don't want to finish reading this! I love it so much!"
02/04/2016 marked as: read
show 1 hidden update…

Kaylee I loved your review!

Haleema Thank you!

message 3: by Andalucia (new)

Andalucia Zmak what????

message 4: by Haleema (last edited May 02, 2012 10:34AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Haleema I said, I have no idea why you're asking what!!!!

Pallavi Jain Your review was awesome. :)

Haleema Thank you!

Aly (Fantasy4eva) oh it's all cliche, but i was so in love with Alex i did not even care. i read it some time back and he remains one of my favourite fictional crushes. hehehe.
does she do do swoon well or does she do it well!

message 8: by Luce (new) - added it

Luce One of my favorite baddie moves is protecting the girl from an ex or some guy (especially when they aren't dating yet) It's like my unhealthy addiction in books!

Kami Kuenzli Your review basically has convinced me to get this book. I was skeptical at first but now I can't wait to pick it up!

Aishwarya L oh i just loved your review !! i read the book in the same time as u did !! wow, especially the part where u mentioned alex crying when they made love :)

Cathryn Dolly Hmm the review on young adutl book sounds interesting and looked at your profile -- something about ravenclaw-- is that One of groups or houses of hogwarts?? ( I forget what ravenclaw is--- Harry potter 101 would be appreciated) I like professor dumblodore and many chacters . Hope to hear from you

Haleema Thank you every one!

@Cathryn Dolly
Hi! Yes, Ravenclaw is one of the four houses of Hogwarts! Professor Dumbledore is amazing! Wise, old man. Hehe, glad to share HP knowledge!

Aimie Have you checked out the book trailers for this book on you tube? Alex is just divine in it ... Exactly how I imagined. Loved your review and totally agree this book was fantastic.

Haleema Thank you, Aimie! Yes, I have. He is gorgeous! However, the trailer is for Rules of Attraction. =)

Thiviya I loveeee ur review! Felt the same

Dulce Aww. Alex is just so lovely.

Haneen Jawad Such a great book. Read it more than once. I recommend it. Alex Fuentes I adore you.

message 18: by christopher (new)

christopher Xxccccccccccc