Chelsea's Reviews > Vision in White

Vision in White by Nora Roberts

May 15, 11

bookshelves: 2011, cheesyromance, contemporaryfiction, recced
Read in February, 2011

It's been a while since I've read any Nora Roberts (she was my first foray into romance novels, which I'm guessing is a pretty common confession), but a friend of mine who reads almost exclusively paranormal romances told me this series was awesome, and then handed me the first two books. And, honestly, sometimes there is nothing better than a rainy day, a cup of coffee, and a romance novel.

This one was pretty good. There's a reason Roberts is one of the bestselling authors of all time, and it's basically this: her books are fun. They're not high literature, and it usually only takes a day or two for me to forget all the character's names, but doesn't that also describe half of the movies out there? It's comfort food. Delicious comfort food.

The part I really liked about this series was the friendships between the four leads. Female interactions in lots of media, romance novels included, can so often boil down to "the lead character is awesome, and all those other women are bitches". And that bugs me. So a great portrayal of a strong female friendship (no fighting over guys, no pettiness, real disagreements and real resolutions) was refreshing.

Embarrassing covers aside (and that's never stopped me before!), these books are a fun, quick read. Classic Roberts.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vision in White.