Marko's Reviews > The Coming of Wisdom

The Coming of Wisdom by Dave Duncan

May 28, 11

Read from May 15 to 19, 2011

Review written for the last book in the series:
This is the third and final book in the Seventh Sword trilogy. I read the entire trilogy over the past couple of weeks and I take that as proof that it had gripping power and was well enough written to keep me hooked until I had finished all the books. While trying not to spoil anything, the story is about a swordsman who is given a task in the form of a riddle and who then ventures to explore the world and finds love, power and sadness on the way.

Overall, the first and second books are the strongest of the series and well worth the four stars that I gave them. The final book is the hardest to read, mainly because the character development of the main character takes a direction that I did not care for that much. However, the bittersweet ending makes up for much and the entire series deserves strong three and a half stars.

Dave Duncan may not be the most famous of fantasy authors, but he has his unique style that keeps him on my reading list. His fiction is set aside from the regular fare by the fact that he often manages to find the side of the coin that the reader didn't expect, making an otherwise heroic story suddenly bittersweet and melancholy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Coming of Wisdom.