ZaBeth Marsh's Reviews > The Rocky Road to Romance

The Rocky Road to Romance by Janet Evanovich

Jan 01, 11

bookshelves: source-lib, reviewed-fmiw, reviewed-goodreads, g-romance, series_1off-read, 6-fromfictionstack
Read from December 27 to 29, 2010, read count: 1

"The Rocky Road to Romance" by Janet Evanovich is one of a set of nine standalone romantic comedies originally published by Loveswept in the late 80's to early 90's that her current publisher (HarperCollins) is republishing. Out of the ones I've read so far, this is the one I like the best. By Rocky Road Evanovich is finding her voice.

In this romp, Steve Crow is the handsome, rich hunk that would give Joe Morelli, the hero/love interest in Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series, a run for his money. Even though Steve runs the local talk & traffic radio station, he is totally unprepared for the overdrive speed and bumper-to-bumper characters that come along with Daisy Adams, dog chef and temporary traffic reporter. I see glimmers of Stephanie Plum in Daisy with her accidental successes, desire to achieve but yet grasping at everything, and her love of Bob, the dog. (By the way, in the introduction to the new release version Evanovich admits this is the very first Bob.)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Rocky Road to Romance.

12/28/2010 page 144