Laura's Reviews > Some Girls Bite

Some Girls Bite by Chloe Neill

May 15, 2011

bookshelves: urban-fantasy, fantasy, gothic-horror, paranormal-thriller
Read in May, 2011

About a month ago, I won a book here on Goodreads. When it arrived, I realized that it was book #4 of a series so, obviously, I needed to get the first three books. I spent Easter weekend hunting down the other books and finally began to read the first of the series last weekend.

As I read the first volume, I realized something. I'd already read it! Last year, I caught a really bad cold which led to bronchitis. Leaving the doctor's office, I knew I was going to be stuck in bed for a while so I'd stopped off at the bookstore and loaded up on fun, light reading. The Chicagoland Vampire series was one of that stack of books.

It was fun to re-read. Being illness, my mind hadn't held all that many of the details. I finally understand why Merit was placed in such a mess of a love(?) triangle. I don't understand why she inherited all these extra skills no one else seems to have gotten. I like the touches about Chicago (my husband is from Chicago so I can catch a lot of the references) with the inside jokes.

If you like regional vampires, a la Charlaine Harris, you'll like the Merit series.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Some Girls Bite.