Victoria Durm's Reviews > Gwenhwyfar: The White Spirit

F_50x66
Jun 02, 11

bookshelves: fantasy, books-of-2011
Read from April 01 to June 02, 2011

Lackey has never impressed me as much as she's done here. I found out early on that she was mentored by the late and great Marion Zimmer Bradley. Knowing this, I tried to remind myself that she is NOT Bradley, and will more than likely see the Arthurian legends differently.

And I was right. The names were spelled differently, and she took her work based on poems, rather than too many legends. I'm very impressed with how she wrote the story.

I love the story of the three Queen Gueneveres. I rather liked hearing a bout Little Gwen, even if I did not like the character much myself. Lackey has done it again. Once again, she has proven why she is on the top of my favorite authors' list for all time.

There were many factors that were exposed that I did not hear about in the Bradley books, and those were fascinating to me. I think seeing the legend from the famed Guenevere's point of view was intriguing, and full of magic. Bravo, Lackey. You now have another Bestseller under your belt.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gwenhwyfar.

05/18/2011 page 98
25.0% "Nook Version. This is getting very interesting. Lackey's story is being spun similarly to her late mentor, Marion Zimmer Bradley's Avalon stories."
05/31/2011 page 130
33.0% "130 of Nook version!!"
06/01/2011 page 214
54.0% "Nook version....almost @ the end!"
06/02/2011 "finished!"