La La's Reviews > Pleasure Me

Pleasure Me by Monica Burns

May 16, 2011

did not like it
Read from May 14 to 16, 2011

I really didn't enjoy this book as much as I thought would. I found the heroine kind of annoying. She was so hung up on the fact that she was getting older that she came across as shrewish and matronly. I guess because this was a story about a courtesan the author decided to throw in a bleeding heart angle to it with the whole opening up an orphanage part. I think the author would have done a better job fleshing out the relationship between the hero and the heroine instead of the side stories that seem to at times come out of nowhere. I also thought the dialogue between the hero and heroine boring and found myself skipping pages. As far as the hero's disfigurement, he could have married a woman who have never realized that something was missing or he could have kept a mistress and had sex in the dark so she wouldn't see. Also, according to the blurb on the back of the book, the hero is suppose to have made the heroine some offer that she accepts because she needs money. Very misleading. There was no offer for the heroine to accept. For about 55% of the book she fought the hero tooth and nails. This books was just really boring and far from sensual or erotic.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pleasure Me.