Cathy Keaton's Reviews > The Overtaking

The Overtaking by Victorine E. Lieske

Jun 20, 11

bookshelves: reviewed, read-in-2011, i-own
Recommended for: fans of sci-fi, romance, mystery
Read from June 16 to 20, 2011, read count: 1

I received this as a Review Copy from the author in exchange for my honest review.

This was such a fun and clever little book. I really loved how the plot unfolded its mysteries in sprinkles over the course of the story. Definitely made me want to keep reading. The characters were easy to sympathize with and I ended up really liking them. Especially Shayne, the main character.

This is adult fiction (although, the characters are in their late teens) free of profanity and sexual situations, but does have a bit of violence. Nothing too frightening, though. It's always a pleasure to read something like this since it's a bit rare these days.

THE OVERTAKING is a perfect mixture of sweet romance, adventure, and mystery all wrapped up into one really fascinating sci-fi premise. I won't say what that is, since it'll spoil it, but read it to discover for yourself. Don't be turned off if you don't enjoy science fiction. You won't have to worry about gadgets and gizmos and a bunch of 'sciencey' stuff that requires you to crack open a text book to understand it. This is a sci-fi novel that even non-sci-fi fans can get into.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Overtaking.