Kerry's Reviews > Aftertime

May 14, 2011

it was ok
bookshelves: 2011, 4, ebooks, sf
Read from November 27 to 28, 2011

I'm sad to say I find myself very disappointed my this one. It had some really good ideas, but I just couldn't get caught up in the story. Cass wasn't a particularly engaging character for me and we weren't really given a chance to know any of the others.

So many questions (which were soon the only reason I was still reading) were left unanswered and really, but half way through I was skimming just to try to find out some of them.

There's some good ideas here, but little depth or either worldbuilding, plot or character.

Sorry, this just isn't for me, so I'm hoping someone will post spoilers of the later books somewhere so I can see if any of those answers were ever supplied.

If you want to read a good post-apocalyptic book in a similar style, I highly recommend Feed by Mira Grant, which has some similar ideas, but a totally different and highly successful take on them.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Aftertime.

11/26/2011
11/27/2011
54.0% "Sadly, this one isn't really gripping me. It's a good idea and I want to know the "answer" to the issues raised, but I've started skimming, which isn't a good sign."