Vfields is becoming happy!'s Reviews > Somatesthesia

Somatesthesia by Ann Somerville

May 27, 12

bookshelves: favorites, sci-fi
Read from August 13 to 14, 2011

First let me say Ann Sommerville, thank you. After reading more then my share of  m/m romance this is the first real brown skinned lover! I've had a blue alien, a couple "dark-skinned" shifters but is refreshing and it shouldn't be but it is. Wake up writers,  mix it up a little bit!

I loved this book and it was a book. Not a short story, novella or whatever we're calling these bits we're reading.  The characters are well written and situations are flushed out very well. The solving of the mystery didn't get lost due to the budding relationship between two law enforcement officers. Devlin was a lot of fun & Conner was a guy you just wanted to hug.  The only problem I have with book is that now I've read it.  I will try Sommerville again soon. Bravo!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Somatesthesia.

08/14/2011
50.0% "I am loving it so much!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Ravyn I love Ann Somerville. She's got some quality m/m writing out there.

If you want something else from her with a brown-skinned main character, try Different Senses. Race and racism are big themes in these stories, and overcoming these obstacles and prejudices takes the characters through a lot. I thought it was great.

But definitely my favorite story from this author would be Kei's Gift, which is the first book in her "Darshian Tales" series. I just can't recommend this book enough.

Vfields is becoming happy! Thanks Ravyn, I'll look them up.