Bethany Andrews's Reviews > Vampire Cabbie

Vampire Cabbie by Fred Schepartz

Mar 14, 08

bookshelves: fiction, bookofthemomentreviews
Read in March, 2008

While "Vampire Cabbie" may not be a novel filled with literary merit, it is just the same a very well written and entertaining story. If you’re looking for the next great classic, this probably isn’t it. However, if you’re looking for a story that will engage you and keep you turning pages, (especially if you want one about a vampire) look no further.

The story is about a vampire named Al Farkus. Al is leading the good life, mingling unnoticed amongst society. One day he learns that his fortune has been lost in a stock market crash, leaving him pretty much broke. Forced to fend for himself financially, Al accepts a job in Madison, Wisconsin, and sets off to resecure his financial fortune. Arriving in Wisconsin, Al secures an apartment and pays the rent for the first year upfront. Next Al learns that his job has fallen through, leaving him broke, unemployed and virtually stranded in this strange city. Faced with the obstacle of needing a job with night hours, Al ends up applying for a job as a cab driver on the night shift. From here we follow Al as he attempts to understand, or at the very least, deal with, his quirky passengers and co-workers.

"Vampire Cabbie" kept me turning pages from the start to the finish. Like I said, its not the next great literary classic, but its definitely an entertaining read. I’m looking forward to future works from this author.

1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vampire Cabbie.