Tony Cohen's Reviews > Disco Bloodbath: A Fabulous But True Tale of Murder in Clubland

Disco Bloodbath by James St. James

Mar 02, 08

Read in January, 2008

Perhaps the real horrors in the modern world draw me to these kind of books. The escapism through concern about the pointless is a powerful bromide to the real horrors we face. Now, for the kid who ends up with parts of his severed body all stuffed in a trunk...well...I guess the concerns weren't too mundane for him....but it is hard to stay upset or focus on that detail...because everyone else in this book is just so FABULOUS!

This book is about clubbing, being cool, and exstacy. These were the hippest kids in the club scene in NY, and they had a damn good time. An why the hell not. It was the 90's, an idyllic time where things were going well for most people, politics was only a blow job, and American power/prestige was at its height. If you can not party then in one of the top 5 cities in the world, than where can you do it. I am very glad that here were kids who had nothing better to do than get astonishingly high, look fabulous, an have lots of sex....yes....the main character does eventually kill his drug dealer who just won't stop pestering him about the comically obscene amounts of money he owed him...but....you know....it just seems like such a bummer to worry about the mundane trivialities when there is such a good time to be had!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Disco Bloodbath.