QueenB's Reviews > Hunt the Moon

Hunt the Moon by Karen Chance
Rate this book
Clear rating

by
3773399
's review
Jun 01, 2011

really liked it
I own a copy

Hunt the Moon is probably one of the strongest entries in the Cassie Palmer series yet. There was a lot of action (as per usual) however it seemed less confusing and easier to follow. Mircea was his usual sexy, powerful self, but can I just say.....PRITKIN!!!!!!!! ::sigh:: We learn so much about the enigmatic war mage and there's a scene that just about boiled my skin off. Yeah. I'm a happy (and slightly frustrated) girl today. The ending was great and the set up for the next book has me eagerly anticipating the next one. Is it 2012 yet?
One of the things I really loved was Cassie really started coming into her own in this one. And let me say, she can be extremely kick ass when she wants to be. I can only imagine how scarily awesome she'll become given more time and practice.
This book was good times all the way and I devoured it in one sitting. If you're a fan of the series, you will not be disappointed in this one. If you are new to the series, I highly recommend you start from the beginning. These books move fast and a lot has happened from the first one til now.
ETA: Full review is now up here
28 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hunt the Moon.
Sign In »

Comments (showing 1-16 of 16) (16 new)

dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Has (new)

Has OMG I am envious you got to read it! I hear the love triangle gets settled in this book - is it true? :D


QueenB Has wrote: "OMG I am envious you got to read it! I hear the love triangle gets settled in this book - is it true? :D"

Ummmm....I wouldn't consider it resolved, at all. It is heating up though. :D


Dangerous Romance Book Reviews I agree, it was great fun, and probably the easist to follow since book one. I have always been a Mircea girl and he melts me (and obviously Cassie) but you are right, Pritkin....the last book was a tease, this book was a game changer (to quote both Castle and Bones's Finale reviews)


QueenB L. wrote: "I agree, it was great fun, and probably the easist to follow since book one. I have always been a Mircea girl and he melts me (and obviously Cassie) but you are right, Pritkin....the last book was ..."

Yeah, Mircea is hot and I do like him, but I don't feel like he's the right fit for Cassie. I can't help but be a sucker for the dynamic between Cassie and Pritkin. They make the other rootable, imo. And this was definitely a game changer, as you say ;) So glad to have someone to gush about this book with :D


message 5: by Susi (new) - rated it 1 star

Susi Evil! I want! Like now and now I haven't read anything you said besides Mircea girl in that one comment and I'm too. LOL No Pritkin for me please.


QueenB Susi wrote: "Evil! I want! Like now and now I haven't read anything you said besides Mircea girl in that one comment and I'm too. LOL No Pritkin for me please."

LOL! I'm total Team Pritkin all the way ;)


message 7: by Enjee (last edited Jun 03, 2011 04:51PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Enjee QueenB wrote: "L. wrote: "I agree, it was great fun, and probably the easist to follow since book one. I have always been a Mircea girl and he melts me (and obviously Cassie) but you are right, Pritkin....the las..."

Come on over to the Karen Chance Fans group...we have a Hunt the Moon Spoiler thread where you can gush all you want (just uncheck the "Update feeds" box before you hit "post").

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/5...


message 8: by is mee... kissa (last edited Jun 15, 2011 05:59AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

is mee... kissa what is this?! I look for a review that will give me a little spoiler and I get this:
PRITKIN!!!!!!!! ::sigh:: We learn so much about the enigmatic war mage and there's a scene that just about boiled my skin off.
it's horrible!
.. i had to like your review just for that bit alone. I luuuuurve Pritkin. Giving me that little line has made me all giddy!


QueenB is mee... kissa wrote: "what is this?! I look for a review that will give me a little spoiler and I get this:
PRITKIN!!!!!!!! ::sigh:: We learn so much about the enigmatic war mage and there's a scene that just about boil..."

LOL, glad I could help ;)


is mee... kissa yeah. i now have it. I'm soooooo curious about this scene of which you speak. ehehe! yay!


QueenB Don't worry, you won't be disappointed


is mee... kissa =D hope not.


is mee... kissa yeah, it was pretty good. was not disappointed. =D i get what you mean about the boiling your skin off.
that ending though! bah! why?!


QueenB I LOVED the ending. LOL. It was so perfect. :D


is mee... kissa =P but look at what happened! (view spoiler)

hm, do you like Pritkin or Mircea better?


QueenB Yeah, I loved her reaction and I can't wait for the next book. She's a girl on a mission, lol.


back to top