Em-em's Reviews > Ninth Key

Ninth Key by Meg Cabot

May 15, 11

Read from May 14 to 15, 2011

Suze continues her adventure as a mediator this time around she is visited with a ghost who screams at her wanting her to find Red. With little information she ventures on the search for Red only to find out that Red is the father of a guy that she is dating Tad. Furthermore she realizes that not only Red is the father of a guy that she likes but that he is also a murderer who orchestrated numerous murders all for the sake of his company. As she continues to solve the mystery of Red and the murders she is also able to discover that there is more to her ability than being able to communicate with the dead somehow she is also able to call them only, she doesn't know how she did it.

The second book took the story up a notch. The plot is a little more complicated although it is not hard to guess who the real killer was in the end. I had fun reading the book as usual Suze and her humor always gets me. The way she narrates her life and her story is not boring at all. Her mind is an interesting place to be. Even though the plot of the book always gets resolved at the end I have a feeling that there is this master plot that is going on in all six books. I don't know it's just a hunch though. What makes me say this? Well, Jesse is the one that makes me say this. Suze is falling for him and well I don't know about how Jesse feels but I am thinking that maybe he likes her too. Anyways, their love is something that is not meant to be because obviously he is dead and you can't have a relationship with a dead person. Well you can but it will not be a normal one. So I think that will be the master plot so to say. But that is just what I think, I will have to confirm this with the rest of the books though. I like to think that I am right..hahahaha... So far, the series and this book is really good. It did not fail to me in fact it even exceeded my expectations. Can't wait to read the third book, which I will be reading now!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ninth Key.

05/14/2011 page 5
2.0% "Time to start reading it."
05/14/2011 page 30
10.0% "Suze is just the funniest!hehehe.."
05/14/2011 page 40
14.0% "Suze is appreciating Jesse dangerously."
05/14/2011 page 50
17.0% "Suze and jesse's relationship is entertaining to read."
05/15/2011 page 150
52.0% "Tad's father is really weird."
05/15/2011 page 175
61.0% "I think Jesse is jealous."