Beth Dean's Reviews > Betrayed

Betrayed by P.C. Cast

Oct 03, 14

liked it
bookshelves: fantasy, romance, ya-fiction, american-author, american-setting, school, vampires
Read from January 30 to February 02, 2012 , read count: 2

Gotta say Zoey Redbird is a vampire slut. Can't hide the fact she has two boyfriends, oh no she couldn't hide it like everyone else! So Heath and Erik have to share. Which annoys me. SO. DAMN . MUCH. Mostly because they seem such decent guys and she collects them when really they don't deserve the treatment. Also she doesn't seem that interested in Erik, in fact everyone else seems much more into him than she is!It's almost as if she's going out with him because she can! Then the Loren element is a bit creepy I found but ermm he's a teacher and it's just a bit ......no, I don't like it.

Anyhoo I liked that there's something going on which is different, it sets it apart from other YA books. However the Cast Collective don't need to push it with relating everything to comtempory people or things, we get your point without it, promise. We also get it's a teen book but it is doing well on it's own without this extra stuff.

I really did feel for the Stevie Rae thing, not wanting to give anything away but everything to do with her is good and I felt everything I was meant to. Which was good. But then we move onto Zoey's obsession with her "brown pop" gah. GAH I SAY! Why not her coke? Is this sue-ing material? Other people seem to cope! GAH ONCE AGAIN. It symbolises what I don't like about this book, Zoey is a teenager therefore she has to like unhealthy things, be a typical teenager and be perfectly normal because she is so sub-normal all the other time. However it's "brown pop" so she's also not annoying anyone because she would never smoke pot or have sex like other teenagers BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE SOOOOO STUPID! And yet she can have every guy she likes nooow because she's awesome vampire woman!

I SAY AWESOME VAMPIRE WOMAN CANNOT DO WHAT SHE LIKES!

But apart from that I liked the book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Betrayed.

01/30/2012 page 130