Sarah's Reviews > Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea

Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea by Chelsea Handler

May 14, 2011

Read in May, 2011

Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea is Handler's second, extremely entertaining memoir, though somewhat tamer than her first memoir entitled My Horizontal Life, reviewed here: Dreamworld Book Reviews - My Horizontal Life.

This particular memoir features random memorable moments in Chelsea's life; and when I say random, I mean random -- from Chelsea's love of midgets to disgust with red-headed men, to killing pet fish...it's definitely tons of fun!

I've said this before of Sarah Silverman and I'll say it again in regards to Chelsea Handler...she's the raunchy girlfriend I always wished I could have, because seriously, nobody else would ever discuss the topics in this book with me in real life.

My favorite chapter in this book is Prison Break, which tells of Chelsea's experience going to jail and then prison from getting pulled over for a DUI and then being found guilty of fraud. As pathetic and lame as it sounds, this chapter makes me realize that if Chelsea Handler could have survived a few days in prison, then I could too! A particular bench warrant from a certain state obviously has me in constant fear, but if Chelsea can deal with lesbian kisses and scary women doing one-armed push-ups, then I can too!!!

All in all, this memoir is simply funny and entertaining, and of course I'm definitely going to read Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang (2010) next.

Have you read any comedic books lately that were just too gross or raunchy to share with your friends and family but you enjoyed it anyway? Let me know!!

Read more book reviews at http://dreamworldbooks.com.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea.