Shari's Reviews > The Survivors

The Survivors by Amanda Havard

Jun 19, 2011

bookshelves: i-own-this, reviewed
Read from June 04 to 08, 2011

Sadie is such a complex and interesting character. All she seems to want out of life is to find out what she is and how to end her existence. Looking for these answers, she has left her isolated life and the only family she has ever known. She strives to fit into a human society feeling like she never quite gets it. Sadie's story kept me guessing through out the entire book and I wasn't really sure where the story was headed until it slapped me right in the face. During the first half of the book Sadie is just trying to maintain a seemingly normal life by attending her one and only real friend Corrina's wedding. By the second half of the book things really speed up and start to come together. Sadie starts to find answers to her many questions about who she and the people around her really are. Throughout the book there are a few flash backs that talk about Sadie's family and how they ended up in Montana. Those flashbacks were very interesting, and I think I liked those parts of the story just as much as I enjoyed Sadie's personal story. The Survivors is written from Sadie's point of view so sometimes the story is very much in Sadie's head. I've read other books that are written from a first person point of view, and it doesn't always seem to work for me, but I found it to be very enjoyable in this case.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Survivors.