Judi's Reviews > Dragon Bound

May 28, 11

bookshelves: book-depo, paranormal, fairies, dragons, may, 2011
Read from May 25 to 28, 2011

In my best Dragos impersonation:

“Even if you don’t normally read books about spells and witches or elves, fairies and fae or heaven forbid dragons, YOU MUST READ DRAGON BOUND NOW...please!” Or as I like to refer to it: How Pia Trained her Dragon!

I’ll admit it. I caved to the Tweer pressure of my peeps and all the accolades Dragon Bound was receiving on Goodreads. I had high hopes for this book based on all the hype and I can say I was not disappointed and that’s coming from someone who is not a huge paranormal junkie. I gobbled up this book like a ravenous dragon dining on a human feast...or maybe like a dragon who used to eat humans eons ago before he gave up eating creatures who could talk.

Dragos Cuelebre. He’s big, he’s badass and he’s older than dirt as one of the Elder races. He’s a multi-millionaire businessman with thousands of people working for him, at his beck and call and who cower in his presence. In his human form he is formidable at almost seven feet tall and three hundred pounds of pure hard-bodied masculine muscle. And when he unleashes the beast - he’s as big as an eight-seater Cessna jet. And yes he will hunt you down and rend you limb from limb if you steal from him...even if it is just a penny...after all it’s the principle of the thing.

Dragos doesn’t forgive or forget - he exacts his revenge and he’s hot on the trail with a steely determination unlike any he has ever before experience in his time on earth of the little thief who stole from him.

Important lessons learned about dragons: They don’t like twizzlers or cherry Coke slurpees from 7-11 and whatever you do...Don’t piss off the dragon or you really will get burned - just ask those stanky, little goblins how it turned out for them - if you can find one still alive.

Pia “I’m not special I just look like Greta Garbo” Giovanni knew her days were numbered the day she had no choice but to steal from the most powerful man in New York City Dragos Cuelebre.

Pia’s a mystery. Even Pia doesn’t really know what Pia is or is capable of. All her life she’s heeded her mother’s dire warnings about keeping her abilities a secret and uses a dampening spell to conceal herself in human form. She’s one of the few people who has messed with the dragon and lived to tell the tale.

Dragos is amused and entertained by Pia. She gets all up in his face, pokes her finger in his chest, pushes his buttons, makes him laugh and feel things he has never before felt for another creature. But more importantly she’s the first person he has ever forgiven.

Dragos and Pia have a great, fun, flirty, feisty and playful relationship. I loved how she stood up to the big guy and told him repeatedly “You are not the boss of me!”

Dragon Bound is fast-pasted as Dragos and Pia’s relationship develops quickly over a few short days. They are in life threatening danger on more than one occasion as other dark forces are at work to kill the all mighty Dragos and capture Pia.

Did I mention how HAWT Dragons are? And I don’t mean in an I’mma gonna roar and spew fire kinda way. Dragos knew how to wield his long “reptilian tail” and put it to good use behind closed doors.

My only one little niggle? I wish Ms. Harrison had provided us with even a teeny tiny epilogue...say maybe a few or nine months down the road. Just a little glimpse into how Pia and Dragos where adjusting to their new circumstances. I hope we see more of them in the next or future books.

Next book in the series: Trick’s are for kids...oooops I mean Storm’s Heart.

Do yourself a favor and read this book NOW...please!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dragon Bound.

05/25/2011 page 14
4.0% "That is a lot of anger over a ...penny! Ha"
05/27/2011 page 106
34.0% "How to Train err Piss off Your Dragon! Payback was a beautiful bitch. She was also a good fried of his, and they were just getting started."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Shawna Great review, Judi! This was such a blast to read, and I looove Dragos!

Judi The big guy is kinda cute!