Auntee's Reviews > True Blue

True Blue by Cat Johnson

Apr 22, 08

bookshelves: contemporary-romance, men-in-uniform
Recommended for: Fans of military romance; romance fans
Read in April, 2008

This was another easy read, a follow-up to Trilogy No. 103: Red Hot & Blue, which focuses on the men from Special Task Force Zeta, a secret elite anti-terrorist task force.

The first story in this trilogy tells the story of the Commander of the unit, 46 year old Hank Miller, (one sexy hot older man), who finds himself attracted to the mother of two of the men he commands. I liked this story about two lonely older people (not that 46 is old!) who have a great deal of passion and romance--they were hot together!

The second story is about 'Bull' Jones, nicknamed 'Bull' because of his tremendous size. After being cheated on, he never expects to find love again (and the next day!) with a petite harpist who he meets under unusual circumstances.

The third story is about technical genius and communications specialist Matt Coleman. Matt's watched all the members of his unit find romance (even his Commander!)and wonders when, or if, it will ever be his turn. Imagine his surprise when he finds the love of his life and she's been right under his nose for quite awhile!

These were all good stories, quite sexy at times, and with good characterizations. My only complaint is I wish they could have been longer--I just wanted more! But that is the nature of trilogies, anthologies, etc. The stories move fast but sometimes you just crave a little bit more...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read True Blue.