Darcysmom's Reviews > What Would Jane Austen Do?

What Would Jane Austen Do? by Laurie Brown

Jan 28, 2012

Read from January 02 to 28, 2012

What Would Jane Austen Do? by Laurie Brown was fun to read from the very first page.

When the sweet, but meddlesome ghosts Mina and Deirdre send Eleanor back to the Regency period, Eleanor is forced to use all the knowledge she has gleaned from her obsessive reading of Jane Austen and her studies of the era's clothing to survive. This leads her to ask, "What would Jane Austen do?" every time she is faced with a puzzling social situation.

The cast of characters she lives with while she is back in time are a motley crew with diverse motives and desires. Eleanor not only has to navigate these extremely tricky waters, she has to do it without giving herself away.

When Lord Shermont is added to the mix - Eleanor knows she is in deep trouble. Eleanor and Lord Shermont have an instant and intense attraction to each other. How can Eleanor allow herself to feel stirrings of love when she knows she is in his time briefly? How can Lord Shermont fall in love with Eleanor when he suspects she is spying for Napoleon?

Laurie Brown answers all these questions and more. I highly recommend this book if you are looking for a frolicking, frothy, and fun adventure through time.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What Would Jane Austen Do?.

01/02/2012
16.0% "I am enjoying traveling back in time with Eleanor. I am getting a kick out of her fish out of water experience."
01/22/2012
43.0% "I love, love, love the waltz in the meadow with the migrating butterflies. Magical!"
01/25/2012
48.0% "Eleanor is about to meet Jane Austen. How will she control her inner fan girl?"
01/27/2012
70.0% "The story is really moving along. Can everything be resolved by midnight? I'm really enjoying this story!"
show 3 hidden updates…