Winsontam's Reviews > Swim the Fly

Swim the Fly by Don Calame

U 50x66
May 13, 11

Swim the Fly is a great book for boys. It is a very humorous book and many teenage boys will really enjoy. Swim the Fly is a book full of drama and I can relate it to myself because I am a teenage boy myself. I find that if girls read this book the will understand how the boys mind work. It will answer a lot of questions that girls might have on boys. This book is a very fast past book, many thing happens in a short period of time, so I feel that when I start reading I don’t want to put the book down. I find that it contains a lot of hidden messages telling what you should or shouldn’t do at that age and where they went wrong.
Parts I really enjoyed about the book are that Matt, Coop, and Sean are setting a goal for the summer to see a naked girl. I find that hilarious because I totally understand how they feel, I get that feeling something’s but it’s not my goal. I found that the author Don Calame’s writing style fit perfectly with the book because the way he describe the character of Matt, Coop, and Sean was brilliant. The plot and the setting of the scenes fit perfectly with the situation. Don describes a perfect teenage boy that is at the bottom of the chain in their swim team. This is basically a nerd in high school.” They’re the least athletic swimmers on the Rockville swim team and that’s counting the seven-year- olds”. Matt will try to impress the girls, which is exactly what Matt is trying to do, swim the butterfly to impress a new girl that just joined the swim team. Now he has a whole two months to perfect his skills to impress the new girl. Will any disaster happen?
Overall I would recommend the book Swim the Fly to teenage boy and girls that want to know what boys are thinking about and how there minds work. This book will be a great laugh for everyone.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Swim the Fly.