michelle's Reviews > I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell

I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell by Tucker Max

Jun 12, 07

Recommended for: people who like to think they have the best drinking story
Read in May, 2007

You WANT to hate Tucker Max. In fact, you probably already hate Tucker Max. Because Tucker and his friends are "Those People" - you see them at the bar or the club, maybe you've been unfortunate enough to have been hit on by one of them, and you loathe them for being loud, obnoxious and yet getting away with all of it. Even when you start reading his stories, you still WANT to hate Tucker Max, but with every page it becomes increasingly difficult to risit simply going along for the ride and laughing your way through it. Plus, however much he'd like to deny it, the guy does have a concience - it glimmers through his debauchery like a tiny ray of hope for humanity. I do have to add, though, that the last story in the book kind of made me sick to my stomach, and it was more just - well - stupefying, not really funny. If you read this book for no other reason, read it for the stories involving SlingBlade (pseudonym), Tucker's extremely cynical friend. If you'd like a rather large helping of this book for free, most of the stories are also on his website, [http://www.tuckermax.com]. While you're there you should probably also read the Midget story (not in the book).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell.