Kay's Reviews > Decision Points

Decision Points by George W. Bush

May 13, 11

bookshelves: autobiography, political
Read in May, 2011

If you are a Bush basher you are not going to read this book so you can skip this review. I admit I have always respected George W. Bush for his stand on doing what he thought was best for the country [even though I didn't always agree] despite critics and loss of voters.

President Bush has a great sense of humor and this comes out in the book. While reading the first part of the book I found myself laughing out loud and even in the later chapters covering very serious problems he faced he managed to insert one or two things that made you chuckle and took the edge off. As he says, he got his eyes from his father and his mouth from his mother.

It's an honest account and he has no trouble admitting to mistakes he made in his life nor making fun of himself. It's not a stuffy book similar to other political books because it is not ghost written nor written by someone 'full of himself'. I enjoy how so many of my friends [Bush bashers] view the man and how wrong they see him. At cards the other day one lady told me he was insecure and another said he was an alcoholic which neither label is true. I was surprised neither said he was 'dumb' as I've heard him called too many times but that may be since both had lived in Texas and recognized the accent doesn't mean low intelligence! The media shaped his image and it was not a good one. Open minded people will read the book and get a feeling for the type of person he really is.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Decision Points.