Joanne's Reviews > Breaking Beautiful

Breaking Beautiful by Jennifer Shaw Wolf

Mar 30, 13

Read from March 09 to 23, 2012

It seems as though Allie has lost everything since the accident that killed her boyfriend, Trip: her will to go on at school and her best friend, Blake, her one constant through her many years of moves and different schools (she’s an army brat). But throughout BREAKING BEAUTIFUL, secrets and lies begin to unfold as the truth about Allie and Trip’s relationship are revealed and the investigation into the accident begin to heat up in the small town of Pacific Cliffs. Allie doesn’t escape the suspicious eyes of Trip’s family and the new detective hired to the town’s police force.
This book was a total page-turner right to the end and I just loved the way I was dragged along, staying up well past my bedtime, just trying to read a few more pages to find out what really happened. I particularly loved Allie’s brother Andrew and thought their relationship (as twins) was a beautiful one, where each is trying so hard to protect the other, despite both of them having their own unique limitations.
This was a beautiful book about complex relationships, finding inner strength through tragedy, and how things often aren’t what they seem.

I support independent bookstores. You can use this link to find one near you or order at IndieBound: http://www.indiebound.org/book/978080...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Breaking Beautiful.