Ren's Reviews > Silent Storm

Silent Storm by Vivian Arend

I won this from Ann Aguire, when she held a contest at Twitter (sometimes Twitter comes at handy, LOL). And realize I have two previous book, then start reading them together.

Matt Jentry and Laurin Marshall.. One is water shifter and Shaman, the other is a powerful air shifter. Even they're so different, but Matt and Laurin complete each other. And Matt finally realized she is his mate. Just need a little work to conviced Laurin's people. To accept him, People of The Sea, to become Laurin's mate.

When they plan to go to Laurin's place, there is an air-shifter landing on Stormchild, their ship. Laurin know him as Kallen, an air shifter that can shift to eagle. Kallen had cursed, he can't shift to his human form. Matt try to resist his jealousy to Kallen, and heal him. It success, Kallen can shift again, but the curse is multilayered. Even Kallen can shift, he can't speak anymore. Matt realized to help Kallen, he need Laurin magic. It's mean he must shared Laurin with Kallen, because their magic work better when they have sex, while he just want Laurin for himself alone. Can Matt do it after all? When Laurin show her appreciation to Kallen, but deep inside she feel guilty and it's like she betrayed Matt? After all, they must face their "storm" to make their relationship work..

I love this one more than 2 previous book. The story is beautifully written, and more hottest, LOL. It show how Matt and Laurin struggle with their problem. Matt with his jealousy to Kallen, but he don't want to act selfish and want to heal him, because Kallen is important to Laurin. Matt afraid Laurin will go with Kallen. Both are air shifter, and he afraid she will left him. Laurin herself still doubt their relationship can't going well, since Matt and her from two different world. First I'm surprised, there are menage scene (even from Stormy Seduction, there are menage too, but not include the main character). But I do realize, Kallen's presence help them to solve their problem.

This is the last story of Pacific Passion series, and it's a good ending! I just hope there more story told about Matt and Laurin in the future..
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Silent Storm.

05/18/2011
2.0% "Won this at Twitter! YAY! Do marathon read with 2 previous title :)" 2 comments