Alexandra's Reviews > A Praying Life: Connecting with God in a Distracting World

A Praying Life by Paul E. Miller

May 13, 2011

bookshelves: 2011, theology
Recommended to Alexandra by: Staci Thomas, Randy Greenwald
Read in May, 2011 — I own a copy

I bought "A Praying Life" over a year ago. . . I respect the author and after the recommendations from a good friend and my pastor, I knew it was a "must read." But. . . I picked it up, put it down. . . picked it up, put it down. . . I even bought it for my mother-in-law, and still hadn't read it.

Now, over a year later, I finally read it. (The first book to be read on my birthday kindle!) And. . . wow. . . just what I needed at this point in my life. Unpretentious, Gospel-focused, practical. . . I have been encouraged and inspired to pray, not guilted to pray.

I've felt the need to be on my knees more lately. It seems as each year passes, I feel the need is greater. My children are getting older. I know how praying made a difference in the moment-by-moment of motherhood when they were younger, but now I feel a greater need to parent-through-prayer.

While this isn't the best summary of the book, I want to encourage other Believers to get the book and. . . in the right time, read it. Let the Lord use it as a tool in your life to redirect you to Himself.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Praying Life.

01/30/2016 marked as: read