Danielle's Reviews > Driftwood Cottage

Driftwood Cottage by Sherryl Woods

Jul 04, 11

bookshelves: books-i-own, chicklit, for-review, series
Read in June, 2011

All that Heather asks for is a ring on her finger and her own version of “happily ever after”. Unfortunately for her the father of her child and long time devoted boyfriend, Connor O’Brien, is a divorce attorney with no desire of ever marrying, even the woman of his dreams. Completely disenchanted with marriage Connor stands firm in his beliefs until Heather decides she’s had enough and takes their son to the small town where his family resides, opens a quilt shop and stands firm in her own version of her future. Will either be able to overcome their own desires to make a happy home and future together? It’s only when fate strikes in the form of a tragic accident that they both rethink their versions of the future.

Driftwood Cottage was really one of those lazy afternoon reads. You know the kind you can sit back and enjoy as the day passes you by? I adored the ease of the writing and how each of the characters immediately became like family. Even though Driftwood Cottage is the fifth book in the Chesapeake Shores series there was never a moment I felt disconnected from the story because of missing past stories and yet I also didn’t feel inundated with extra fill-in information either. This was a story I’ll gladly go back and read the rest of the series for and will definitely be picking up the next book, Moonlight Cove which was recently released as well.

Without a doubt the characters were what made Driftwood Cottage so enjoyable. From the main characters, Heather and Connor, to Connor’s family that seemed to never stop coming out from every corner of Chesapeake Bay, they were all wonderful and incredibly easy to settle into. What was fun to see was how the family all seemed to gang up on Heather and Connor to get them, especially Connor, to see the error of their ways and just get married. If I had a single complaint about the book, it would be that it took entirely too long to get to the ending and though I loved being with the family I wanted Heather and Connor to move forward. The unity of their family though was one of the things that made the book so endearing and incredibly enjoyable to read.

Overall Driftwood Cottage and it’s author Sherryl Woods have now become a favorite of mine. This was a story I completely fell into and was able to escape for an afternoon enjoying time with the O’Brien family as they did their very best (and worst) to bring together two people who truly belonged together. I’d absolutely recommend Sherryl Woods to Chick Lit Reviews readers and can’t wait to pick up more of her books!

Originally reviewed and copyrighted at Chick Lit Reviews.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Driftwood Cottage.