Jennifer's Reviews > What Alice Forgot

What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty

May 12, 2011

bookshelves: arc, swapped
Read in June, 2011

Wow, what a great book! This is not your usual chick lit fare. This book was smart, funny, suspenseful, and made me think about how I act in my own life.[return][return]When Alice forgets the last 10 years of her life after a head injury, she's faced with the shocking truth that she's divorcing her husband, but doesn't know why. She can't remember her 3 children. And her interactions with her family and friends brings her to the realization that her 40 year old self is not the same person she thought she was at 30.[return][return]I loved how details about Alice's life were slowly unfolded throughout the story, with teasers that kept you reading to find out more. Who is Gina? Why are her and Nick separated? Why is her sister so frosty?[return][return]The ending was satisfying, and like a previous reviewer stated, actually made me stop to think about how I treat my own family and friends, and the impact that will have on my life 10 years from now.[return][return]I highly recommend this book! Go, read this now! :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What Alice Forgot.