Austin Sarbacker's Reviews > Helmet for My Pillow

Helmet for My Pillow by Robert Leckie

May 12, 2011

liked it
Read in May, 2011

This is very packed with information about a solders life besides fighting. I defiantly learned a lot from this book and I consider it much different from other war books. There was some great thing about it and also some thing I didn’t like.

This book was about a solders life at war. The main charters name war names is lucky and this stories is his adventures in the book. He meets a lot of friends and gets in a lot of trouble with the MP all the time. I was thinking of more of a war combat and attack book and I was surprised that it was really about how everyday life was for a solder.

It was surprising to me how little fighting all of the people who attack. Also from this book I learne¬¬d that all the people who did ended fighting a lot, wound up being killed. This seemed freaky to me by how many people that he made friends with died. In the book the most exciting part I felt was the first battle they fought in the early stages of pushing near the river. It made me not want to stop reading. I was sad to find out that as the book went on, less and less action took place and I felt like what the author was telling lies because the writing style changed. I felt this because his tone in righting changed compared to his first fighting seen to the last one. The last one had less detail and some of the stuff be was doing didn’t seem human.

Other wise this book was a fun easy book to read. I recommend this to all readers over the age of 21. I feel that having been able to drink alcohol will make u feel closer to this main character. I hope u enjoyed my review.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Helmet for My Pillow.