Jocelin's Reviews > Ecstasy in Darkness

Ecstasy in Darkness by Gena Showalter

May 12, 11

bookshelves: paranormal-romance, vampires, sci-fi-fantasy
Read in May, 2011

I realized that after I bought this book that it was the 5th one in the series. I checked 1-4 via the synopsis on the backs of the books. They didn't captivate me like this one did. So when I started reading this one there were a lot of people in the book that I had no idea who they were. I have done this before with Gena Showalter's books. I read book #3 in the Atlantis series (Nymph King), Valerian was so worth it. So I figured that I really would not miss anything if I didn't read the others. I wish I could have read up on it but, I really feel like I got the gist of who everyone was.
I like the heroine Ava; she was spunky, tough, and determined. I really liked McKell; he was awesome. Thought they made a really good couple. The story was good and it was really easy to follow, but I did have a problem with the length of this book. I felt like some things could have been cut to speed up the story. I felt like McKell & Ava's characters were not really explored in depth. There was an interesting turn that happened at the end of the book about McKell but I felt it was too rushed and the story was not fleshed out enough.
All in all I glad that I read this story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ecstasy in Darkness.