Romancing the Book's Reviews > Tempting Adam

May 12, 11

bookshelves: erotica, contemporary
Read in May, 2011

Reviewer: Karen
Source: PDF from author for review

Blurb: They both want the same thing – St. Eden Studios.

Corporate raider Yvette Giardino intends to bring St. Eden Studios to its knees. It’s a job. One her grandmother’s health depends on. That Adam St. Eden will suffer isn’t personal. Until he awakens her sympathy and stirs her body in ways she can’t explain.

Adam wants one thing and one thing only – to protect the dream his grandfather began. But when the board demands he work with stunning Yvette, a woman he’d mistakenly indulged with in a little after-hours play, his world turns upside down. Missed meetings, unhappy clients, and nights of intense pleasure – he can blame one person. Yvette.

With his corporation crumbling around him, can Adam rise above the fallout and see his sexy temptress for what she really is – a victim of manipulation and a woman who desperately needs his love? D

Review: When I first saw the blurb for Tempting Adam, I thought it would be a quick and easy contemporary read. And, I was curious as to why the publisher gave it a ‘hot’ rating. I soon found out!

Yvette has been hired to ensure that Adam fails at running St. Eden Studios and is ousted as CEO. It’s what she does. But how far is she willing to go and what is she willing to do? This time the stakes are higher. This time her heart is involved.

Adam has inherited St. Eden Studios upon the death of his father. Adam assumes the position of CEO, but is governed by a Board of Directors. He needs to prove himself capable of running the studio. The Board has been given the authority to hire an assistant for Adam, given that he has no corporate experience. Enter Yvette. But, why was she selected?

There’s a lot going on in this story. There’s a little mystery, a few twists, a little romance, and a lot of sex. And, my first thought that it would be a quick and easy contemporary read was correct. Overall, I enjoyed it. Was all the sex integral to the story? I’m not sure. Would I read it again? Yes. It’s a ‘busy’ story - I want to read it again to see what I might have missed. Would I recommend it? Yes.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tempting Adam.