Elizabethg's Reviews > City of Fallen Angels

City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare

F_50x66
May 15, 12

Read from May 07 to 15, 2012

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read City of Fallen Angels.

Quotes Elizabethg Liked

Cassandra Clare
“But I watch my brothers give their hearts away and I think, Don’t you know better? Hearts are breakable. And I think even when you heal, you’re never what you were before.”

Cassandra Clare
“Hearts are breakable," Isabelle said. "And I think even when you heal, you're never what you were before".”

Cassandra Clare
“And then there was you. You changed everything I believed in. You know that line from Dante that I quoted to you in the park? 'L'amor che move il sole e l'altre stelle'?"

Her lips curled a little at the sides as she looked up at him. "I still don't speak Italian."

"It's a bit of the very last verse from Paradiso - Dante's Paradise. 'My will and my desire were turned by love, the love that moves the sun and the other stars.' Dante was trying to explain faith, I think, as an overpowering love, and maybe it's blasphemous, but that's how I think of the way I love you. You came into my life and suddenly I had one truth to hold on to - that I loved you, and you loved me.”

Cassandra Clare
“So you're trying to make her happy despite the fact that the reason she's unhappy in the first place is you," said Simon, not very kindly. "That seems contradictory, doesn't it?"
"Love is a contradiction," said Jace.”

Cassandra Clare
“Oh, good. You're starting to talk about yourself in the third person. That's not a sign of impending megalomania or anything.”

Cassandra Clare
“L'amor che move il sole e l'altre stelle.
"It means that love is the most powerful force in the world. That love can do anything.”