Kayla's Reviews > Stories I Only Tell My Friends

Stories I Only Tell My Friends by Rob Lowe

May 18, 11

Read from May 12 to 13, 2011

Rob Lowe's life sounds so insanely cool that it's hard to believe it all actually happened to one man. I mean, before I even reached chapter ten he'd already befriended the Sheens and Penns, been on the set of Star Wars and seen the taping of The Muppet Movie. Then he goes on to make some of the greatest films of all time, receive random gifts from Bill Murray and got to work for Aaron Sorkin (genius). If it weren't for the acoholism and numerous deaths of family and friends, it'd be a perfect run.

He's one of my favourite actors and so I found it extremely thrilling and interesting to have this glimpse into his life. But I'm so impressed with how well it was written. I want to read it again already.

Also, the photo on the back? Um, yeah. Insanely good-looking.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stories I Only Tell My Friends.

05/12/2011 page 85
show 1 hidden update…

Comments (showing 1-6)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

Pamela You should listen to the audiobook version. Ah...the voice!! So beautiful.

Kayla Pamela wrote: "You should listen to the audiobook version. Ah...the voice!! So beautiful."

I'd love to! I will have to track it down. He can read me to sleep hahaa.

message 4: by J (new) - rated it 4 stars

J What about him meeting Cary Grant accidently, his girlfrield's stepdad!! And he was so nice to him!

Kayla J wrote: "What about him meeting Cary Grant accidently, his girlfrield's stepdad!! And he was so nice to him!"

Oh yes! That was also really cool. Wish those kind of things would happen to me.

message 2: by J (new) - rated it 4 stars

J And in his next book (Love Lives) which I'm reading now he tells an really good story about meeting Warren Beatty and how he is forever grateful to him for cluing him in on the obvious that his girlfriend was cheating on him.

Kayla J wrote: "And in his next book (Love Lives) which I'm reading now he tells an really good story about meeting Warren Beatty and how he is forever grateful to him for cluing him in on the obvious that his gir..."

Yeah I read that one a couple of months ago, both are so well written and hilarious!