Zeek's Reviews > The Guardian

The Guardian by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Mar 29, 15

bookshelves: favorites-pnr, pnr, vamps, pnr-kitchen-sink, angels-gods-demons, shifters, own
Read on April 15, 2012

In this one we get, Zarek, ...or was it Acheron ? Ohhh yes, Seth’s story. Left for dead by selfish, abysmally cruel parents- one of whom happens to be a god of course- then sold into slavery by the people whom he thought had adopted him into their own, Seth has never known a touch that wasn’t accompanied by pain. Now he is Noir's bitch- Noir being the Leader of this particular part of hell. Seth does what Noir tells him… after Noir uses Seth as his personal punching bag of course.

Noir is after something- the key to destroying the Gods and getting the frak out of the underworld that contains him- and he’s set Seth on a mission to find it.

Seth doesn’t know exactly what his master wants but he knows one thing- it’s his ticket out of the misery he’s been living in for what feels like an eternity. He’ll do whatever it takes to get it, even torture a Dream-Hunter, the man rumored to know where it is. But torture and pain is getting him nowhere- until his answer walks in in the unlikely package of a woman whom apparently is very valuable to the Dream-Hunter.

Now holding the girl hostage till he gets what his master wants, he has no idea she's the key to unlocking his own chains- by the very thing he’s learned to never believe in… trust.

In Kenyon’s latest entry to the Dream-Hunter saga, we get her usual plot just change names, make it shorter and charge an arm and a leg for the the novel. Oh wait, that's still the same, too. (Thank God it wasn’t released in Hardback first or there would have been another hue and cry from the masses.)

That said, I couldn’t put the book down. I don’t know why the formula still works for me, but it does. The only saving grace to the whole thing is that now I wait to get it on paperbackswap.com which means I never pay more then $3 for her books. Hey, the author doesn’t want to put in any real effort, then you don’t get paid for it.

Yeah, that’s right. I’m a bitch. Sue me.

If you're not tired of the formula you'll like this one. It's all about unselfish-love redeeming the pain of the past- and what gal can resist that? :)
6 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Guardian.

04/15/2012 page 65
19.0% "So far typical Kenyon- ie another spin on Ash's story, just renamed him Seth. ::roll eyes:: yet. somehow I'm hooked. I'm a sick individual. sick sick sick"