Joshua's Reviews > Wild Meat and the Bully Burgers

Wild Meat and the Bully Burgers by Lois-Ann Yamanaka

Mar 01, 08

bookshelves: horrible-crap

Oh this book was so creative!! It is just vast in its immensity and scope! I put it on the bookshelf right between Herman Melville and Vladamir Nabokov even though thats not alphabetical order. I Don't care! It deserves its place amongst the great ones!! Maybe "Moby Dick", "A Tale of Two Cities"...and "Wild Meat and the Bully Burgers"!! Hmmmmmm. I love reading books written in Pidgen English about bratty young children going through adolescence. I also particularly love it when there is an older grandparent figure that seems to be the only one the adolescent can relate to. How creative!! I like the wonderful arguments the protagonist gets into with her teacher when she is asked to speak English properly in order to communicate effectively.

Wow that teacher sure was culturally insensitive. Who does she think she is....I mean Really.....a teacher?? Whats SHE ever done with HER life?

I also like how college professors can assign this book in order to meet the new multi-cultural requirements of our public education system, thereby presenting the appearance that they are culturally aware institutions.

This book helped me to finally realize that The Northern European Culture is evil and that I should kill myself (Being a white male) to rid the world of my presence. I'm going to jump off a cliff......but not without my copy of Bully Burgers!!
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wild Meat and the Bully Burgers.