Erika Badass's Reviews > Dragon Bound

Dragon Bound by Thea Harrison

Jun 17, 11

bookshelves: dragons, kindle, own-but-not-read-yet, paranormal, shifters
Read on May 13, 2011 — I own a copy

Dragons! Yay Dragons!
Totally lived up to the hype.

Pia is on the run after being blackmailed by her loser ex-boyfriend into stealing one of the richest, and most dangerous dragon alive's-- treasure. Everyone knows, you don't mess with a dragon's treasure.

Dragos is bored. Life is boring. Wohoo, made more money. Business crisis, yada yada, yada, who cares. What is a bored dragon to do when he finds a piece of his treasure stolen? Take to the sky and smite yon buildings! It's raining windows! Watch out! Roar!!!

Pia left him a note. Geez. You would think he was mad or something by the way she was lying on the cold ground after hearing the unearthly roar of the dragon from the air. She only took a penny! And she left him her own penny to replace it. And a note. She left a note. Why is he so mad?

On the run for her life, fearing she will be smited on the spot when she is found, she leaves her life behind and cashes in some favors and some of her secret identities and runs. She is a runner for sure. She has secrets. What girl doesn't?

The book was great. The characters were entertaining and funny. The plot was decent, but wasn't complicated. What really shines in this book are the secondary characters, and the romance between Dragos and Pia.

I have to say that I am not a huge fan of "Fated Mate" type books. It bothers me when they are sleeping together, professing love and marriage, all within a week of meeting. Now, it didn't bother me so much in this novel. It was done pretty well actually.

I liked the world building. It was a cool world full of Elves, Fae, Gryphons, Goblins, and witches. I don't know about Vampires, and there were shifters, called Wyres. Dragos is a Wyre Dragon, Rune {His best friend, first mate, and sentinel) is a Wyre Gryphon.

I have a secret love affair with these Gryphons :) Can't wait for more of them!

Not to say there weren't any issues with the book, there were a few things that bothered me, and that weren't explained at all. Such as what Pia's True Name is. We should know this. She told Dragos, as readers, we should have heard it as well.

Some of the "OMG what did you do to me's" towards the end of the book were annoying, but I understood poor Pia's position.(heee, hee say that three times fast I dare you!)

Here are some quotes: Love it!

"I think you're my hero," she said. Only half kidding.
He stared at her, the picture of incredulity. "Most people," he said, "think I am a very bad man."
She studied his eyes to try and find out if that bothered him. He didn't seem bothered by it. He seemed discomfited by her. "Well," she said at last, "maybe you're a very good dragon."

"I snarled at you. I didn't mean it."
"don't be ridiculous; of course you did." She stroked his hair and pressed a kiss to his cheek.
"You cringed from me. Don't ever cringe from me again."
"Dragos," she said in a sensible voice. "If you turn on me and snarl like a wild animal when I'm not expecting it, I think I might cringe again. Call me a girly girl if you want, but that's just how it is."

"I won't do it again," he whispered.

"You're not afraid of me at all anymore are you?
"so what if I'm not?"
"I think if you're not it's a very good thing. It gives me all kinds of license to to do bad things to you. With you. On you. In you."

When we do find out what Pia is, I was all fan girl and yelling awesome!! We don't see THAT much in books nowadays! Woot!

There were also a few teary places in this novel. Namely when Pia and Dragos are captured by the Goblins, and he is telling her what to expect from them. They will hurt her, and they do. It was sad.

I liked Pia a lot. Dragos too.

Can't wait for Rune and Gray's books. I saw that Tiago and Tricks's book are next!

Paranormal Romance fans, and fans of dragons, hot hero's, awesome world building, wicked awesome characters, and did I mention DRAGONS!!!

To Cement Dragos awesomeness and alphaisms

"It means, you stupid woman, that I am learning too. Now you listen to me. I never stop thinking about you. You’re with me everywhere I go but I miss you when we’re apart. I’ve already shown that I will kill for you. I would also die for you. You make me laugh. You make me happy. You’re my miracle and my home. If you as much as twitch, I get a hardon. I will always come for you, always want you, and always need you. We clear?”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dragon Bound.

Quotes Erika Liked

Thea Harrison
“There are plastic bags with zippers on them. I've seen them in commercials," Dragos said to her. He snapped his fingers, trying to remember the name. "You put food in them."
"Ziploc bags?" she asked in a cautious voice.
He pointed at her. "Yes. I want one.”
Thea Harrison, Dragon Bound

Thea Harrison
“I am cursed with a terminal case of curiosity," he said. "I am jealous, selfish, acquisitive, territorial and possessive. I have a terrible temper, and I know I can be a cruel son of a bitch." He cocked his head. "I used to eat people, you know.”
Thea Harrison, Dragon Bound

05/13/2011
05/13/2011
60.0% "can't wait to review this book, I have so many good quotes marked!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Elayne This book sounds great, I've added it to my to read list, hope its as good as it seems x

message 2: by Chris (new) - added it

Chris Oooh. I'm glad it's on my list.

message 3: by AH (new) - rated it 4 stars

AH Those quotes are great. Have added to Mt. TBR. Great review, Erika.

Erika  Badass Thanks! Sometimes my reviews are easy to write, and other times I can't write anything. I'm a reviewing mess :lol:

message 5: by AH (new) - rated it 4 stars

AH I have the same problem. Why is it that I can write reviews so easily for books I disliked?

Shawna Great review, Erika! And I love the quotes!

Tiffony Reading it because of you! :)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) Loved your review, Erika. I agree with you on most of it, except like the fated mate books. :)

Erika  Badass Tiffony wrote: "Reading it because of you! :)"

Oh the pressure! lol

message 10: by Tiffony (last edited Jun 21, 2011 07:41AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tiffony Not much pressure. You have a great track record with me! And I agree with your review. I finished it last night. I really liked the characters and it wasn't heavy on mated pair stuff. Overall, I'm looking forward to the next one - which she set up nicely.

Sbatdorf Just came in the mail today! Can't wait. Damn, so many books, so little time. I need another Thanksgiving holiday but without the family so I can READ!!