Jill's Reviews > The World Peace Diet: Eating for Spiritual Health and Social Harmony

The World Peace Diet by Will Tuttle

May 12, 11

bookshelves: favorites, nonfiction
Read in May, 2011

This book is a life-changer. About 12 years ago I read a book that changed my life called "Diet for A New America" by John Robbins. It started me on a path that I continue on today, and that has changed and shaped who I am in countless positive ways.

For me, being a vegan was not only an animal rights issue, or a health issue, or an environmental issue; it was always a spiritual issue. I love to read books covering various aspects of veganism, but I don't often encounter the spiritual side of veganism (especially as it relates to non-conventional spiritual paths). FINALLY, this book addresses that topic and SO MUCH MORE. It is, quite simply, the book I have been waiting for!!! It discusses some really startling and thought-provoking information regarding the origins of our current cultural and social consciousness, including the how and why meat-eating is so deeply ingrained in our culture.

I read this on my Kindle, and I used the highlight and bookmarking feature so much that at one point I thought to myself, "geez, maybe I should just highlight the whole book!" The information is THAT relevant, THAT revolutionary. It was absolutely mind-blowing.

I have since purchased two hard copies of this book for people in my life, and I plan to continue to read it and give it to anyone I possibly can! If everyone read this book and truly took its message to heart, our society would absolutely change. The title may seem like an unreachable goal, but once you read the text you see that it is not only reachable, but the more people who embrace this lifestyle the more likely we could see this transformation occur in our lifetimes!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The World Peace Diet.