Andrea Guy's Reviews > The Sins of Viscount Sutherland

The Sins of Viscount Sutherland by Samantha James

May 26, 11

bookshelves: 2011-reads, ebook, historical-fiction, rexrobotreviews, romance
Read from May 12 to 13, 2011

Samantha James is definitely one of best writers in the Regency genre. The Sins Of Viscount Sutherland is a wonderful book for fans looking for something light in this genre. The book has revenge and a rake turned gentlemen.

The characters that James creates are incredibly likable. From the very start you know that there is more to Grayson Sutherland than just a bad boy who seems to be hell bent on destroying himself. The mystery as to why he is the way he is just isn’t revealed until the story is almost at an end. Samantha James knows how to keep her readers in suspense.

Trust me.

Claire on the other hand is a lady that wants to seduce Gray and then cast him aside, to cause him pain because he killed her brother in a duel. The whole scheme doesn’t seem quite right to me, but whatever gets these two together works for me.

Getting them together is the hard part. Sure they make their way into bed, but they can’t seem to get their relationship to work. That is probably the most frustrating part about this book. The characters are both obviously in love with one another but neither will come out and say it. If I could have reached into the pages and shook the two of them, I probably would have, multiple times.

The Sins Of Viscount Sutherland is a fantastic read and one that can be easily devoured in a sitting or two. It is also the first book in a new series, and one that will have readers anxiously waiting for more.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sins of Viscount Sutherland.