Amanda Whalen's Reviews > Possessed

Possessed by Kate Cann

F_50x66
May 23, 11

Read in May, 2011

Have you ever felt trapped, overwhelmed, or crowded? Have you ever wanted to just get away from everything? If so, this is exactly how Rayne felt. All she could think of is how much she needed to leave her small, stifling hot apartment in London, and move somewhere where she could enjoy peace and quiet away from her mom, brother, and boyfriend. Rayne began going to the library in search of a job, and found an old estate called Morton's Keep that was hiring. As soon as she got there, she began to realize just how creepy of a place Morton's Keep was, and the past that came with it. The first night at Morton's Keep, Rayne swears there is a strange presence in the room with her, and already wants to leave. "If I can just get through this night, she thought, I'll be OK, I can leave in the morning, leave and never come back..." She has to make a big decision weather or not to stay there and deal with the weird happenings, or go back to her old, dreaded life.

If you're interested in mysterious books about paranormal activities, this book is definitely for you. Rayne is just an average girl trying to get away from the stress and pressures of life, which most of us have felt and deal with today. If you've ever felt overwhelmed by everyday life, you should read this book, because sometimes the grass isn't always greener on the other side. Possessed is one of those books you don't want to put down, and Kate Cann does a great job of setting the tone.

Possessed is a great book for someone who is looking for a story that keeps them on their toes and keeps them wondering. The short chapters and italicized thoughts keep things interesting and give it more of a connection to the reader. This 327 paged book is sure to be one of your new favorites if you're into mysteries, and even if you aren't I recommend it!

If you are like me and prefer books like Possessed that are full of mystery, paranormal happenings, and keep you on your toes, you should check out the Daughters of the moon series by Lynne Ewing. There are thirteen books in the series and I couldn't say which one I liked more.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Possessed.