Courtney Cole's Reviews > For the Love of a Vampire

For the Love of a Vampire by M. Leighton

May 12, 11

Anyone who love vampire books should pick up this book and read it today.

I will admit that I was a little nervous at first, because there seemed to be a couple of similiarities to Twilight. But I read it anyway and trust me, Ms. Leighton delivers.

The characters of Bo and Ridley are likeable (in fact, I think I'm a little in love with Bo) and realistic. Dialogue is natural and witty and pacing is spot-on. With a rich imagination, she brings in elements of vampirism that I had never heard of before which is nice. It is refreshing to read something fresh and new.

I become quickly absorbed in this book and read it one sitting. And when I read the end, I almost had a heart attack. I'm waiting anxiously for the sequel.

I've added M. Leighton to my shelf of favorite authors and can't wait to see what else she brings to the party at a later date.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read For the Love of a Vampire.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Carrie I have to ask...sex or language? :)

Courtney Cole Carrie wrote: "I have to ask...sex or language? :)"

Nope! There's some steam, but the author does a great job of making it steamy without sex... sort of like S. Meyer did with the Twilight series.

Carrie Awesome! Thanks so much!